0
votes

In an Azure Data Factory (ADF_1) from a Resource Group (RS_1), I need to share a self-hosted IntegrationRuntime from ADF_1 (where this IntegrationRuntime resides and run well) into ADF_2, located in another Resource Group (RS_2).

For sharing process the first step is: "1.Grant permission to the Data Factory in which you would like to reference this IR (shared)"

When I'm trying to grant permission from UI, I receive the error:

"The client '[email protected]' with object id 'xxxx' does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.Authorization/roleAssignments/write' over scope '/subscriptions/...' or the scope is invalid."

My role is 'Contributor' on both Resource Groups (RS_1 & RS_2)

Thanks a lot for any suggestion

1

1 Answers

0
votes

The Contributor role is not enough to add the role assignments(i.e. grant permission in this case), to do this, you need the Microsoft.Authorization/roleAssignments/write action permission as mentioned in the error message.

To solve the issue, your account needs the role which has Microsoft.Authorization/roleAssignments/write permission e.g. User Access Administrator or Owner.