Trying to setup Eclispe. The Eclipse help/about/installed software says:
Eclipse Platform 3.5.2 Subclipse 1.0.0 Version Control with Subversion 1.1.1
The Subclipse wiki I followed is here
I have installed the libsvn-java app - discussed here
I added the line "-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni" to the eclipse.ini file
I checked the Eclipse help/about/confirguration settings and both of these lines are listed: eclipse.vmargs=-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni java.library.path=/usr/lib/jni
I checked that those files are in those directories. Still, when I check the preferences>team>svn an error dialog shows:
Failed to load JavaHL Library. These are the errors that were encountered: no libsvnjavahl.1 in java.library.path Incompatible JavaHL library loaded 1.3.x or later required
Testing JavaHL libraries is discussed here.
I downloaded the tarbal and ran it in a folder on my desktop with no problems. Then, I followed the instructions and placed that file INSIDE the path (usr/lib/jni/testJavaHL) and ran it from there. There are 50 tests performed and each one of them came back with this same error (posting only one for brevity):
50) testCommitRevprops(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/jni/testJavaHL/local_tmp/greek_files/iota (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:209)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:160)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.WC.materialize(WC.java:70)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNTests.buildGreekFiles(SVNTests.java:303)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNTests.setUp(SVNTests.java:222)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:111)
FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 50, Failures: 0, Errors: 50
Any ideas as to how/why the "local_tmp/greek_files/iota" is appended to the directory? I assume that's my problem..
I'm also having a problem with new>repository location = ...as the directory location of my svn repository is one level above the home directory - which is prepended to whatever I place in the dialog box - resulting in this error:
svn: '/home/ricalsin/file:/home/svn' does not exist
Thank you for any help.