I need some help with the MapView in Corona SDK. I want to put the map as background (but with all functions) and, in this case, a button to the front. Here is my code:
function scene:createScene( event )
local group = self.view
if ( system.getInfo( "environment" ) == "simulator" ) then
local simulatorMessage = "Maps not supported in Corona Simulator.\nYou must build for iOS or Android to test native.newMapView() support."
local label = display.newText( simulatorMessage, 36, 40, 270, 0, native.systemFont, 12 )
label.anchorX = 0
label.anchorY = 0
end
myMap = native.newMapView( 20, 20, display.contentWidth, display.contentHeight )
if ( myMap ) then
myMap.mapType = "normal"
myMap.x = display.contentCenterX
myMap.y = display.contentCenterY
myMap:setCenter( currentLatitude, currentLongitude )
myMap:addEventListener("mapLocation", mapLocationListener)
end
backBtn = widget.newButton
{
id="backButton",
label="Back",
fontSize="30",
labelColor={ default={1, 1, 1}, over={0, 0, 0, 0.5} },
defaultFile="images/button.png",
width = dispWidth * 0.25, height = dispHeight * 0.1,
onRelease = onBackBtnRelease
}
backBtn.anchorX = 0.5
backBtn.anchorY = 0.5
backBtn.x = display.contentWidth * 0.8
backBtn.y = dispHeight * 0.8
backBtn:toFront()
group:insert( backBtn )
group:toFront() --second try to put that button to front
end
Since the MapView is a native object I can't add it to any group and 'mapView:toBack()' doesn't work as well ('attempt to index upvalue 'myMap' (a nil value)'). In Corona SDK the button appears without the map, as expected. On device I get the map without my button, not as expected.
Is it any possible to put a native object to the back, or to force something to be in the front?