I have Eclipse with PyDev and JavaScript Development Tools (JSDT). I'm using this environment to develop web applications.
Python, HTML, and CSS editors all work fine: highlighting and auto completion works. JavaScript highlighting works too, but JavaScript auto completion does not work.
Switching to the JavaScript perspective doesn't help.
However, if I create a separate JavaScript Project (rather than adding JavaScript files into my PyDev project), JavaScript auto completion seems to work properly.
Additional Details
When I create a JavaScript Project, Eclipse adds certain JavaScript Resources to the project by default. For example, ECMAScript Built-In Library and ECMA 3 Browser Support Library. These are visible in the Script Explorer window, as well as under Project Properties -> JavaScript -> Libraries.
The problem is, I don't have a Project Properties -> JavaScript option when in a PyDev Project.
Question: What do I need to do (e.g. config wise) to get JavaScript auto completion in Eclipse, when NOT in a JavaScript Project (i.e. when in a PyDev Project)?
Is it possible to add a JavaScript perspective/(I'm not sure what call this exactly...) to a PyDev Project in Eclipse?
I'm very new (2 days) to JavaScript development, so preemptive apologies if the problem/solution is trivial!
