14
votes

When I try to do an archive build for "any iOS device", I receive this error:

Build input file cannot be found: '/Users/.../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/[app]-czrkuohjfzuzxxfobfoyptxhyoyo/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/[app]/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/[Product Name].app/[Product Name]'

I received this same error when building for an iOS simulator, but this post fixed it - Problems after upgrading to Xcode 12:ld: building for iOS Simulator, but linking in dylib built for iOS, architecture arm64.

I am also receiving a warning concerning the architectures that may or may not be relatable to the error:

None of the architectures in ARCHS (arm64) are valid. Consider setting ARCHS to $(ARCHS_STANDARD) or updating it to include at least one value from VALID_ARCHS (arm64, armv7s, armv7) which is not in EXCLUDED_ARCHS (arm64).

architectures

VALID_ARCHS

5
Same error here, Xcode update it's being a nightmare... - deimian86
Any workarounds - sejn

5 Answers

20
votes

Build for "Any iOS Device" (for example, "Archive" because you want to upload to AppStore):

  • Delete arm64 from "Excluded Architectures"
  • Delete x86_64 from VALID_ARCHS
  • Add arm64 to VALID_ARCHS

All this changes on both "Build Settings", project and target. And if you want to build for simulator do the inverse path:

  • Add arm64 to "Excluded Architectures"
  • Delete arm64 from VALID_ARCHS
  • Add x86_64 to VALID_ARCHS

That works for me.

5
votes

So I had the exact same issue. After updating to Xcode 12 I had originally set both my project and target 's 'Excluded Architecture' to arm64 in order to run on Simulator. But, as you mention, that blocks anything from working on Release / Real device. All I had to do was switch to 'Any iOS Simulator SDK = arm64' instead of all of them, see screen shot below:

link to screenshot

0
votes

This problem wasted a lot of my time after upgrading to xcode 12, using React Native 0.63. Excluding architectures did not work for me.

Symptoms: "build input file could not be found..." when running on device in debug AND release. Simulator worked fine.

To Fix: Editor > Validate Settings... > Perform Changes

Now my app builds fine on device.

0
votes

I know this question has been answered but this piece of information may help someone: This kind of error may also be produced if you have no node_modules folder e.g. you have deleted it and forgot to re-create it

-6
votes

you should type cd ios && pod install