6
votes

My Environment: OS: Windows XP Eclipse SDK Version: 3.5.1 Build id: M20090917-0800

I am new to Vaadin. Trying to install the Vaadin Plugin for Eclipse. I opted for offline installation. Downloaded the JARS bundle from http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-plug-in-for-eclipse.

Earlier I was getting the error as follows:

Cannot connect to keystore. This trust engine is read only. Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software currently installed: Vaadin Visual Designer for Eclipse (upgrade only) 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.wysiwyg.eclipse.feature.group 2.0.1.201105170102) Missing requirement: Vaadin Plug-in for Eclipse 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.integration.eclipse 2.0.1.201105170102) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Vaadin Visual Designer for Eclipse (upgrade only) 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.wysiwyg.eclipse.feature.group 2.0.1.201105170102) To: com.vaadin.integration.eclipse 2.0.0

Then I downloaded the Mylyn from www.eclipse.org/mylyn/downloads/.

Still getting the error:

Cannot connect to keystore. This trust engine is read only. Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software currently installed: Vaadin Visual Designer for Eclipse (upgrade only) 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.wysiwyg.eclipse.feature.group 2.0.1.201105170102) Missing requirement: Vaadin Plug-in for Eclipse 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.integration.eclipse 2.0.1.201105170102) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Vaadin Visual Designer for Eclipse (upgrade only) 2.0.1.201105170102 (com.vaadin.wysiwyg.eclipse.feature.group 2.0.1.201105170102) To: com.vaadin.integration.eclipse 2.0.0

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

3
have you tried to install it from the update site? - fmucar

3 Answers

4
votes

Best way is to install online from vaadin

You will get instructions there and plus, you can choose to get the book, API and demo

3
votes

I had the same mistake.

You have this error because there is a missing dependency in eclipse. There is two solution.

A. Install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers version from eclipse download site http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ and then install the

B. Keep your current version of Eclipse and install the missing module: Mylyn Common.

Sorry I tried to post the image but stackoverflow dont allow it.


-1
votes

Simple. Just visit their site and you'll get all the instructions you need. it's http://vaadin.com/eclipse and I'm sure you'll be just fine