142
votes

I have a project in Xcode 11 that I added Swift Package Manager dependencies to. I now realized that I no longer need one of the package dependencies I previously added to my project.

As you can see below, there are no options under File > Swift Packages for deleting a packager from Swift Package Manager for this project.

Swift Packages Menu Options

I have tried removing the package from the array in the project.xcworkspace/xcshareddata/swiftpm/Package.resolved file. But it still doesn't remove it from Xcode, and the next time I Update to Latest Package Versions it readds the entry to the Package.resolved file.

How can I delete a Swift Package Manager dependency in my project?

5

5 Answers

367
votes
  1. Open Xcode
  2. Select your project
  3. Look at the top middle
  4. Select Swift Package Manager menu

You'll be able to manage your packages (add / remove)

enter image description here

2
votes

In addition to Pierre's answer, this was driving me crazy, I had a sub project that I was editing, I forgot about that (it was in a subfolder). Even though I removed it in the "Swift Packages" pane it kept coming back. Removing that sub folder reference made sure the PM dependencies went away.

1
votes

Firstly I removed it from dependencies and targets in Package.swift, then i regenerated my project file with swift package generate-xcodeproj

1
votes

I removed the swift package, but its dependancies were still showing in the project. I saw the swift package was still in the Frameworks folder at the bottom of left pane, enter image description here

I removed it from there and the dependencies are gone.

1
votes

Swift Package Manager(SPM) Dependency

Add dependency

1. Project Settings contains information about dependencies. 
2. File -> Swift Packages -> Add Package Dependency...
3. Target -> General -> Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content -> Add Items -> Add Other... -> Add Package Dependency...

Target Settings includes product from dependency

To edit URL you can edit .pbxproj with repositoryURL