4
votes

I have a Spring Boot application that uses Spring Batch. I want now to implement an admin panel to see all job statuses. For this, Spring has "spring-batch-admin" But I see that is deprecated long time ago:

The functionality of Spring Batch Admin has been mostly duplicated and expanded upon via Spring Cloud Data Flow and we encourage all users to migrate to that going forward.

But then Spring Cloud Data Flow says:

Pipelines consist of Spring Boot apps, built using the Spring Cloud Stream or Spring Cloud Task microservice frameworks

So in order to use this functionality do I really need to convert my spring boot app to a microservice? Isn't this an overkill just to see some batch statuses? Also I can not install docker on my production server(for various reasons) Can I still use Spring Cloud Data Flow without docker?

1

1 Answers

0
votes
  1. Yes, spring boot batch should be wrapped as spring cloud task, which should not be too complicated.
  2. If Docker does not suit your needs - https://docs.spring.io/spring-cloud-dataflow/docs/current/reference/htmlsingle/#getting-started-local-deploying-spring-cloud-dataflow