0
votes


I'm Trying to download a list of android APKs to my computer, in order to do so I would like to use GooglePlay API with Python.
I have saved the library (github link) and followed the instructions (wrote my login credentials and android ID to the file config.py).

The API didn't work no matter what credentials I have entered. Then I found this link and followed it. At first, I wanted to search for an APP in the market, running the following command worked fine and returned the output below:

>python search.py "angry birds"
C:\python27\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:852: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings InsecureRequestWarning)
C:\python27\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:852: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings InsecureRequestWarning)
Title;Package name;Creator;Super Dev;Price;Offer Type;Version Code;Size;Rating;Num Downloads Angry Birds;com.rovio.angrybirds;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;22574001;99.5MB;4.39;100,000,000+
Angry Birds Star Wars;com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwars.ads.iap;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;151100;47.7MB;4.34;100,000,000+
Angry Birds Rio;com.rovio.angrybirdsrio;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;2661;47.5MB;4.37;100,000,000+
Angry Birds Epic RPG;com.rovio.gold;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;4244;275.5MB;4.50;10,000,000+
Angry Birds Go!;com.rovio.angrybirdsgo;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;20612;421.4MB;4.24;50,000,000+
Angry Birds Star Wars II Free;com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwarsii.ads;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;192200;54.1MB;4.31;50,000,000+
Angry Birds Seasons;com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;6610;99.7MB;4.35;100,000,000+
Bad Piggies HD;com.rovio.BadPiggiesHD;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;2330;65.7MB;4.32;10,000,000+
Angry Birds Friends;com.rovio.angrybirdsfriends;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;12907;48.5MB;4.22;50,000,000+
Angry Birds Space;com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.ads;Rovio Entertainment Ltd.;0;Free;1;221200;48.8MB;4.36;100,000,000+

running the exact same command again returned:

>python search.py "angry birds"
C:\python27\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:852: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings InsecureRequestWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "search.py", line 30, in api.login(GOOGLE_LOGIN, GOOGLE_PASSWORD, AUTH_TOKEN)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\googleplay-api-master\googleplay.py", line 138, in login
raise LoginError("server says: " + params["error"])
googleplay.LoginError: u'server says: BadAuthentication'

And of course, the login also failed when I have tried to download an APP.
I have tried to solve this problem for pretty long time and I really need a solution.
Where did I go wrong ?
Any help will be appreciated!

1
Where did I go wrong ? you are using not existing api. - Selvin
Thank you for your reply ! How is it possible that it worked fine for the first query? What is the correct way to do it ? I have tried several API's and nothing worked for me :( - kobibo
You need to analyse the code... Or fill the issue on github and wait till programmer of this solution will fix it. - Selvin
There is an opened issue for the same problem (posted 15 days ago), meanwhile, Do you know about working API/other way to do it ? - kobibo

1 Answers

1
votes

After lots of tries, Found two solutions:
1. When trying to run the same download command over and over again the download works partially, I wrote a script that tries 100 times to download each file and I get a very good success ratio.
2. Seems that working with AUTH token as can be created with Token-dispenser instead of the regular google play credentials actually works much better. For more information - see the following Issue