I have a React Native application with Redux actions and reducers. I'm using the redux-thunk dispatch for waiting the asyncron calls. There is an action in my application:
export const getObjects = (id, page) => {
return (dispatch) => {
axios.get(`URL`)
.then(response => {
dispatch({ type: OBJECTS, payload: response });
}).catch(error => {
throw new Error(`Error: objects -> ${error}`);
});
};
};
That's working properly, but sometimes the user click on the back button before the action finished the request, and I must cancel it. How can I do it in a separated action? I read this, but I didn't find any option in axios for abort. I read about the axios cancellation, but it's create a cancel method on the function scope and I can't return, because the the JS don't support multiple returns.
What is the best way to cancel axios request in an other Redux action?
canceled: truein state dispatching another action (e.g. setCanceled). When the request finishes and the promise resolves, you first check the canceled flag. If it is true, you won't dispatch the success action. Does it solve your case? - Andrey Luiz