I have 'projects' directory in which I keep my virtual environments. But recently when I was creating a new one, I accidentally did this:
user1@laptop:~$ virtualenv .
making /home/user1 my new nameless virtual environment.
Then I think I ran "rmvirtualenv . " inside either /home/user1 or user1/bin directory, don't remember exactly, trying to remove it. I knew it would be a bad idea, but I backed everything up and did it anyway hoping to solve the issues I write about. The "rmvirtualenv . " didn`t work since when I call "user1@laptop:~$ source ./bin/activate," I still get: "(user1) user1@laptop:~$ "
Now when I 'source' my projects, let's say 'store' project, via "source ... virtualenvwrapper.sh" command, I see:
/home/user1/bin/python: No module named virtualenvwrapper virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization hooks.
If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check that virtualenvwrapper has been installed for VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/home/user1/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.
And then when activating it by "workon store", I get the error message below:
/home/user1/bin/python: No module named virtualenvwrapper
My .bashrc contains the following env variables:
export WORKON_HOME=$HOME/.virtualenvs export PROJECT_HOME=$HOME/projects
In /home/user1/bin, I have python* symlink and:
Is there a way to get rid of these error messages? My projects work fine. All is good. Except for when I 'source' and then call 'workon', I get these wrapper errors. Maybe I have to point python* somewhere else? Don`t really know how this works... And how does one, in a safe way, undo "virtualenv . " command? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
.bash_profileinstead of.bashrc- tijko