47
votes

I am running Python on a Windows machine at the following path:

C:\WinPython-64bit-3.4.4.1

I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of pandas (currently running '0.17.1') but am having problems.

I have looked at previous posts and have tried on the command line using :

c:/>pip install --upgrade pandas

but just got 'pip is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file'.

5
How did you install pandas originally? Many people now use conda, part of the Anaconda distribution. - chrisaycock
I think you can check this question - jezrael

5 Answers

100
votes

try

pip3 install --upgrade pandas
36
votes

Simple Solution, just type the below:

conda update pandas 

Type this in your preferred shell (on Windows, use Anaconda Prompt as administrator).

3
votes

Add your C:\WinPython-64bit-3.4.4.1\python_***\Scripts folder to your system PATH variable by doing the following:

  1. Select Start, select Control Panel. double click System, and select the Advanced tab.
  2. Click Environment Variables. ...

  3. In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. ...

  4. Reopen Command prompt window
0
votes

According to an article on Medium, this will work:

install --upgrade pandas==1.0.0rc0

0
votes

In my case, the problem was solved by doing

from pandas_datareader import data as pdr

import yfinance as yf
yf.pdr_override() # <== that's all it takes :-)