I would need some help with plotting in Matplotlib.pyplot under Python2.7!
I want to generate a plot with the following x-axis:
I got so far by using myaxis.set_xticks([0,0.5,1,2,4,6,8]) and it looks good, but if I want to create **an logarithmic x-axis* **, then my axis labels look like this!
What can I do to have both a log-scaled x-axis and integer formated labels (not logarithmic values as labels either!). Please read the note regarding to the log-scale!!!
While browsing Stackoverflow I found the following similar question, but nothing of the suggestions worked for me and I do not know what I did wrong.
Matplotlib: show labels for minor ticks also
Thanks!
Note: This plot is called Madau-Plot (see:adsabs[dot]harvard[dot]edu Madau (1998) DOI=10.1086/305523). It is common to plot it log-scales and show the z=0.0 value although the axis is log-scaled axis and log10(0)=Error. I definitely want to point out here that this is common use in my field but should not be applied one to one to any other plots. So actually the plot is made with a trick! You plot (1+z) [1,1.5,2,3,5,7,9]] and then translate the x-axis to the pure z-values 0.0 < z 8.0! So what I need to find is how to set xticks to the "translated" values ([0,0.5,1,2,4,6,8])

