I'm following the Clojurescript Quick Start, and I'm continuing to build out a clojurescript project without relying on a build tool like lein or boot to make sure I understand what is really happening.
I'm at a point where I'm trying to introduce a dependency on reagent, which itself has a few dependencies like cljsjs/react and cljsjs/react-dom. The instructions within the quick start related to cljsjs dependencies is here, and the example given curls clojars.com for the .jar. This does not work for cljsjs/react, as there is no .jar. Can someone please explain:
- how I can move forward without a build tool like lein/boot
- why there is no
.jar - and what is actually occurring here?
To get reagent to work, I was able to clone the reagent repo and run lein compile and lein uberjar to get a .jar that I could place in the root of my project and build with java -cp cljs.jar:reagent-0.6.0.jar:src clojure.main build.clj, but I'm at a loss for this react dependency. Thanks for your time.
C:\Users\Chris\.m2. Build tools such as lein and sbt sit atop the maven repository. Normally you don't have to fetch jars out from them. - Chris Murphyresources\public\js\out\cljs- Chris Murphy