0
votes

Hie

I'm new to drupal development but I'm finding it pretty interesting.

I have created my view and it is displaying the information in my entity submissions database properly. Now I want to have a style where by I have a drop down menu to select the items I want to view. I installed taxonomy view integration and included it in all the taxonomy vocabularies I want to use but then no drop down selection is being seen on the views page.

May someone please help me on how I can have select items to view on my site using views module.

1

1 Answers

0
votes

If I'm getting your issue right - you are going to need a feature called Exposed filters. In this case - we could have a dropdown list with a list of terms. Once you select a term from that list - it updates a view showing you the items tagged with that term.

To do what you want you'll need to add a filter titled as Content: Has taxonomy term to your view. I have walked through this process and created some screenshots so you could see how that's done.

Hope it helps

1.Creating the filter. By default - it doesn't allow to select values manually. It just allows you to select some predefined ones. Go to Filter Criteria -> Add enter image description here

2.Setting up your new filter. Find and select the Content: Has taxonomy term criteria, click Add and make sure you select Dropdown and check the Expose this filter checkbox on the next screen enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

3.That's it! At the bottom you should see your drop down menu. Don't forget to save your brand new view.

enter image description here