0
votes

I want to develop an applet for Java Card 2.2.1 using Eclipse and SDK Java Card kit.

I am unable to set up Java Card 2.2.1 in Eclipse; It's okay when I use Java Card 2.2.2.

How can I set up Java card 2.2.1 in Eclipse?

Eclipse Version 4.4.2

JRE 1.8.0

3
Please explain your problem - Anurag Sharma
When I set up Java card home in eclipse to java_card_kit-2_2_1 it gives error 'converter.jar is not compatible, set home location for Java Card Development Kit 2.2.2' - Amol
if you are using WIN7 then please restart your PC because in win 7 environment variable needs restart i dont know why but it happened to me as well. - Anurag Sharma
@anurag I think the problem is Eclipse-jcde plugin. It is written only for JCDK2.2.2 . So we need a trick to use this plugin with JCDK2.2.1 together. - Ebrahim Ghasemi
anurag i already tried with restart PC. @abraham you are right, it's problem with plugin. your solution sounds cheat ;-) but it works :-). we need to look for other solution as well because it's tricky to replace contents for JCDK for every application. - Amol

3 Answers

1
votes

I had the same problem, It's a little tricky to solve it. Keep Eclipse open, minimize it and then explore the JCDK direcory in your computer and replace JCDK2.2.2 contents with JCDK2.2.1 contents. Now maximize Eclipse again convert your applets.

0
votes

Similar problems, are generally caused by version are not compatible. You can replace the JCDK version as the Applet version, can be solved.

0
votes

you can try to use JCIDE to develop your Java Card Applet, it is a free IDE for both Java Card 2.2.1 and Java Card 2.2.2. http://www.javacos.com/sdkinfo.php