5
votes

I have a standalone Google Apps Script to implement a UI, with a doGet function.

I can deploy it, and access by a URL, and it works.

I can't see how/if I can test from the Script Editor. I can hit Run in the Editor, it executes the doGet script, but all that does is return an app object.

1
You can't debug the deployed script in the editor, although you can debug functions in your gs file(s) with the help of test functions. - Mogsdad

1 Answers

3
votes

The closest thing you can do at present is to click.

publish (in the top menu) > Depoly as web app > Below the 'Current web app URL' you can select 'Test webapp for your latest code'.

This will open a browser tab with the current webapp while still not having to save a revision and publish.

The other option is the develop your UI in the context of a spreadsheet and call

SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();

But this has its obvious disadvantages.