0
votes

I'm working on Win7(x64), using PHP 5.3. I had installed memcached, and the this service is running with port 11211 . And the *php_memcache.dll* had been copy into ext folder and added this extension into the ini file properly. But application always report the error 'The Memcache Extension must be loaded to use Memcached Cache' and Memcache can not be used.

I knew the difference between Memcache and Memcached, and I have tried many types of memcache and php extensions, finally, it's not working as always.

1
Is memcache showing in phpinfo(); ? - Martin
What's your extension_dir? Check the dll really is in that folder - then check your logs to see if there's any startup errors. Obvious check is did you restart your webserver? - Martin
Yes, Martin, I have configured the extension correctly, because there was MySql extension in the same folder and MySql is working. No starup error. I have restarted webserver many times. --- Sorry, I found a error 'PHP Startup: memcache: Unable to initialize module' - Mike

1 Answers

0
votes

The error you're getting is typically caused due to an incompatible version (Possible duplicate).

You could upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4.6 here and either build memcache yourself or try this dll.

Alternatively you can try this dll for your current installation of PHP.

It's unfortunate but there is no maintained version of PECL binaries for windows. You should consider joining us privileged ones on a *nix environment :)