I'm trying to get stretching to work using Python 2.6.7 with Tkinter. I'd expect the below code to stretch the first button to the width of the second, but both buttons are only as wide as they need to be to fit their text.
#!/usr/bin/python
from Tkinter import *
win = Frame()
win.grid(sticky=N+S+E+W)
inner_a = Frame(win)
inner_a.grid(row=0, column=0, sticky=N+E+W)
inner_b = Frame(win)
inner_b.grid(row=1, column=0, sticky=S+E+W)
Button(inner_a, text='1').grid(row=0, column=0, sticky=E+W)
Button(inner_b, text='Some long text').grid(row=0, column=0, sticky=E+W)
win.mainloop()
By my understanding, the single column in win will expand to the width of the largest thing it contains, ie the width of inner_b, and then the width of inner_a, and thence of the first button, will be that of the second button.
Actually, what happens is the below; the first button is only wide enough to contain "1", not as wide as the second button.

What do I need to do to get the first button to expand the size of the second?