5
votes

I am using AJAX bound Telerik MVC grid. I am sending data for the grid using a code like the following:

return View(new GridModel(...));

I want to be able to send additional data to client in the same action method. For example I need to send a single int value Total, which is to be shown above the grid (this value must be fetched from db, it cannot be evaluated client-side).

Please share any ideas.

1
I found the answer in the following Telerik forum thread telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-mvc/grid/… - Narek Malkhasyan
Can you post the solution to your problem please, the link you posted doesn't exist anymore - Bobby Tables

1 Answers

1
votes

To achieve your desired result, you could add a client footer template bound to the property passed down from your model as follows:

columns.Bound(o => o.UnitPrice)
       .ClientFooterTemplate("<#= Total #>");

There is also a good example detailing the use of server aggregates on the Telerik site if you wanted to work these out using aggregate functions in the future.