Hi I am getting a headache with the visualforce repeater control:
<apex:repeat value="{!productDetails}" var="o">
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputText style="label" value="Name:"></apex:outputText>
<apex:outputLabel value="{!o.name}" />
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputText value="{!o.ProductCode}"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!o.Family}" />
</apex:pageblockSection>
<apex:pageBlockSection>
<apex:outputText style="label" value="Quantity:"> </apex:outputText>
<apex:inputText value="{!theList}"/>
</apex:pageblockSection>
</apex:repeat>
What I am trying to do, is for each record in the product details list, generate a text box. This text box is bound to another field (theList.quantity). But I am finding that when I change the value in the last text box it sets the quantity in all the text boxes(obviously as they are bound to the same field).
So my question is whats the best way to have each textbox that is generated in the repeater have its own parameter value?
Or am I using the repeater in the wrong way?
EDIT(clarification):
For each product detail record(What I am iterating through) I want to have a textbox where a user can enter the quantity of products. The value of this textbox is unrelated to the product detail records.
My question is how can I generate unique parameters for each iteration of the textbox? Hopefully that makes sense.
Cheers