i have created a simple asp.net application which runs fine locally.
I have uploaded the application to my website and ran through as error saying
" It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an appliction."
this error was due to the fact that the subfolder i uploaded my application to is not configured as an application in the webserver (IIS ? maybe) and therefore i can't have multiple config files.
i solved this issue by moving some entries from the subfolder config file to the root config file.
HOWEVER, THIS HAS INTRODUCED ANOTHER ERROR.
Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'CvForm._Default'.
Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Site.master" AutoEventWireup="true" Line 2:
CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="CvForm._Default" %> Line 3:Source File: /CvForm/Default.aspx Line: 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3625; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3634
I have been trying for the last 4-5 hrs to solve this issue with no luck.
I will appreciate someone pointing me to a way to solve this issue. ( im sure im doing something the wrong way.. I'm new to asp.net world! ).
Kindest Regards, Aamran