I'm facing some weird (at least for me) behavior on using the Common Item Dialogs in my MFC Windows application running on Windows 7 or Vista.
According to the MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776913(v=vs.85).aspx I'm using the new interfaces to display file open and save dialogs:
bool OpenFileDialog(CString& strFile, CString strTitle, CStringArray& astrFilter, CStringArray& astrFilterExtension, ULONG nFlags, HWND hParentWnd)
{
USES_CONVERSION;
INT_PTR nResult = 0;
INT_PTR nFilterCount = astrFilter.GetCount();
IFileDialog* pfod = 0;
HRESULT hr = ::CoCreateInstance(CLSID_FileOpenDialog, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_PPV_ARGS(&pfod));
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
// New dialog starting with Vista/Windows 7
COMDLG_FILTERSPEC* pOpenTypes = 0;
if((nFilterCount > 0) && (nFilterCount == astrFilterExtension.GetCount()))
{
pOpenTypes = new COMDLG_FILTERSPEC[nFilterCount];
for(int nIdx = 0; nIdx < nFilterCount; nIdx++)
{
pOpenTypes[nIdx].pszName = astrFilter[nIdx].GetBuffer();
pOpenTypes[nIdx].pszSpec = astrFilterExtension[nIdx].GetBuffer();
}
}
// Set the file types to display.
if(pOpenTypes)
{
hr = pfod->SetFileTypes(nFilterCount, pOpenTypes);
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
hr = pfod->SetFileTypeIndex(0);
}
if(!strFile.IsEmpty())
pfod->SetFileName(strFile);
if(!strTitle.IsEmpty())
pfod->SetTitle(strTitle);
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
// Ensure the dialog only returns file system paths.
DWORD dwFlags;
hr = pfod->GetOptions(&dwFlags);
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
dwFlags |= FOS_FORCEFILESYSTEM;
if(nFlags & OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST)
dwFlags |= FOS_FILEMUSTEXIST;
if(nFlags & OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST)
dwFlags |= FOS_PATHMUSTEXIST;
hr = pfod->SetOptions(dwFlags);
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
// Create an event handling object, and hook it up to the dialog.
IFileDialogEvents* pfde = NULL;
DWORD dwCookie;
// Actually only added for debugging purposes
/*hr = CDialogEventHandler_CreateInstance(IID_PPV_ARGS(&pfde));
if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
// Hook up the event handler.
hr = pfod->Advise(pfde, &dwCookie);
if(!SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
pfde->Release();
pfde = 0;
}
}*/
// Now show the dialog. Usually called with hParent == 0
if(hParentWnd)
hr = pfod->Show(::GetWindow(hParentWnd, GW_OWNER));
else
hr = pfod->Show(0);
// do something with the path when the dialog was closed...
So the dialog appears and works fine if I want to select a file from a normal drive. I can navigate through the folders and select any file I want. On leaving the dialog I also get the correct file information.
But it doesn't work for one of the Libraries in the navigation pane on the left side. Whenever I try to select a Library like Documents, Videos or Pictures the dialog doesn't update the right pane which shows the folder/library content.
What I noticed is that on clicking a Library in the file open/save dialog the OnFolderChanging() event of the IFileDialogEvents interface is fired but the OnFolderChange() and OnSelectionChange() are not. Those events are fired if I click and navigate on a "normal" drive like C.
I also tried to call the dialogs early in my InitInstance method to avoid possible side-effects with my other code but this didn't help either.
Is there someone who had the same behavior and was able to resolve this?
Thanks a lot!
CoCreateInstance()andShow()? - Remy LebeauShow()Thank you for taking a look! - Fluffi1974