2
votes

I want to install MVC 3 with visual studio 2010. I am using "Web plateform installer" and selected asp.net MVC 3, it showed message that MVC 3 installed successfully but It is not installed. I tried to launch Web plateform installer from asp.net/mvc3 but still same issue. I downloaded offline installer from:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1491

AspNetMVC3ToolsUpdateSetup.exe 21.6 MB

but it starts installing and then rolls back. Any suggestion please ?

Thanks

1
Do you see any error messages in the Event Viewer? - Richard Ev
Does this folder exist: \Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET? - eth0
i think you should update visual studio 2010 or resetup it , and install mvc3 through web platform installer again . - Nguyễn Quốc Khánh

1 Answers

-1
votes

Look very closely at what (the filename) you were actually installing. You were trying to install an UPDATE to MVC3. First, you would need to install MVC3 itself.