I have an application that stores data in an Oracle database. I want to copy selected rows from a table in this database to a table in a Sybase database (archiving records). Can I do this directly (i.e. without storing and loading results from a file)?
I've mostly looked into SQL*Plus
- SQL*Plus COPY Command (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14357/apb.htm)
- Copying Data from the Oracle Database Server to Sybase (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/A95432_01/a80982/ch5.htm#153526)
- Copy Command (http://www.oracleutilities.com/SQLPLus/copy.html)
- Oracle® Database Gateway for Sybase User's Guide (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/gateways.111/b31048/toc.htm)
I also understand the following: "However, INSERT is the only option supported when copying to Sybase. The SQL*Plus COPY command does not support copying to tables with lowercase table names." However, I haven't been able to do this in SQL*Plus. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has an example of how to do it here, I'd very much appreciate it.
If this is not possible, is Oracle Data Pump (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/index-093639.html) my best alternative?
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Deepyaman