I create a graph in SPSS and can go in and change the colours and other visual properties. But then when I create another graph, it uses the old default properties again. I can see the code when I create the graph but not for the changes I make to its appearance. I have to create 150 graphs and want them all to come out with my preferred colours etc but can’t work out how to do it.
3
votes
2 Answers
3
votes
Editing a single graph has no effect on default settings. You have two ways to do what you want.
- Edit the preference settings via
Edit>Options>Charts. You can set default colors, color cycles, line styles, patterns, etc but not everything - Make a chart. Edit it to your satisfaction. Then use
File>SaveTemplate to save the properties you want to have apply to other charts. You get to pick from a long list of properties. Then, for future charts, include this template in the creation code. In theChart Builder, you can set this template using theOptionssubdialog.