I am trying to make a quadrilateral mesh from a surface mesh (which is mostly triangular) generated by Mathematica. I am not looking for high quality mesher but a simple work around algorithm. I use GMSH for doing it externally. We can make use of Mathematic's CAD import capabilities to generate 3D geometries that are understood by the Mathematica kernel.
We can see the imported Geometry3D objects and the plots of number of sides in each polygons they consist of. It become visible that the polygons that form the mesh are not always triangles.
Name3D=RandomChoice[ExampleData["Geometry3D"][[All,2]],6];
AllPic=
Table[
Vertex=ExampleData[{"Geometry3D",Name3D[[i]]},"VertexData"];
Polygons=ExampleData[{"Geometry3D",Name3D[[i]]},"PolygonData"];
GraphicsGrid[
{{ListPlot[#,Frame-> True,PlotLabel->Name3D[[i]] ]&@(Length[#]&/@Polygons),
Graphics3D[GraphicsComplex[Vertex,Polygon[Polygons]],Boxed-> False]}}
,ImageSize-> 300,Spacings-> {0,0}],
{i,1,Length@Name3D}];
GraphicsGrid[Partition[AllPic,2],Spacings-> {0,0}]

Now what I am looking for is an algorithm to form a quadrilateral mesh from that polygon information available to MMA. Any easy solution is very much welcome. By easy solution I mean which is not going to work in a very general setting (where mesh constitutes of polygons with sides more than 5 or 6) and which might be quite inefficient compared to commercial software. But one can see that there are not many quadrilateral surface mesh generator available other than few expensive commercial one.
BR