43
votes

I know this questions appear several places (Forcing jQuery Mobile to re-evaluate styles/theme on dynamically inserted content) but not with an answer that is working for me.

I'm loading some content using ajax, and inserting it into a div like this:

       $.ajax({
            url: "../Services/CalendarService.cshtml?service=true",
            cache: false,
            success: function (data) {

                data = $.parseJSON(data);
                var s = $("#user_tmpl").html();
                var s1 = tmpl(s, data);

                $("#target").html(s1);
                $("#targetRefresh").page();
            }
        });

I've tried setting the targetRefresh on both the target I'm adding the html to, and on the page, but with no luck. The conent is inserted, but styles not applied.

I've also tried

.trigger("enhance")

Any idea what to do?

The html that inserted are a bunch of these:

<div data-theme="e" data-collapsed="true" data-role="collapsible">         <h3>MyOwner2AA</h3>         <p>MyDescription</p>         <p>/Date(1320339836735)/</p>         <p>MyOwner</p>         <i></i>     </div>

Thanks for any help

Larsi

4

4 Answers

92
votes

Try calling .trigger("create") on the element with the new content.

According to the jQuery Mobile docs, "The create event is suited for enhancing raw markup that contains one or more widgets."

EDIT: As of jQuery Mobile 1.4, .trigger('create') is deprecated, and you should use .enhanceWithin() instead. (Thanks to John Mc for the heads-up.)

33
votes

This worked for me for the list view

$('ul').listview('refresh');

Also you can refresh the collapsible

$('#element').collapsibleset('refresh')
5
votes

When I tried the solutions above I got an error message in Firebug

uncaught exception: cannot call methods on listview prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'refresh'

I found a fix for this though, instead of calling .trigger("create") after the append of the new elements I called

$("ul").listview();

at the end of the ajax callback function.

This got everything working nicely for me. Hope it helps.

5
votes

For those who missed it above, to re-apply JQM styles after adding content dynamically, do this:

$('.myelement').html( myHtmlStr ).enhanceWithin();