Basically I have a bunch of rectangles floating around at 8 different angles (45 degrees, 90 degrees etc). I have collision detection going on between all of them, but one thing still doesn't work as it should. I don't know if I'm just not thinking or what, but I can't seem to get the resulting angles right. I've also tried searching multiple places, but haven't really gained anything from what I've found.
NOTE: the angle system here starts at 0 at the top and increases clockwise.
NOTE: all rectangles have the same mass
Say one rectangle going straight right (90 degrees) hits another going straight left (270 degrees). They will hit off of each other just fine.
Now say one going left gets hit by one going up. Here I can't simply reverse the angles or anything.
If you have more than one way, consider the following: unless I rearrange the CD so it spreads into the other code, I have the positions of all of the rectangles. The CD checks by seeing if two are overlapping, not by comparing where they are going.
As I've been working on pretty much everything except for the collision detection until now, I only have tonight left to get it working and add a few other small things before I'm done.
If you know of a way to make the angles come out right without hardcoding, great. At this point I'm ready to hardcode it (not too much really) if all I have is which rectangle hits the other (ex 2), or if they both do (ex 1). Either one is really helpful.