I need to classify a dataset using Matlab MLP and show classification.
The dataset looks like
What I have done so far is:
I have create an neural network contains a hidden layer (two neurons ?? maybe someone could give me some suggestions on how many neurons are suitable for my example) and a output layer (one neuron).
I have used several different learning methods such as Delta bar Delta, backpropagation (both of these methods are used with or -out momentum and Levenberg-Marquardt.)
This is the code I used in Matlab(Levenberg-Marquardt example)
net = newff(minmax(Input),[2 1],{'logsig' 'logsig'},'trainlm');
net.trainParam.epochs = 10000;
net.trainParam.goal = 0;
net.trainParam.lr = 0.1;
[net tr outputs] = train(net,Input,Target);
The following shows hidden neuron classification boundaries generated by Matlab on the data, I am little bit confused, beacause network should produce nonlinear result, but the result below seems that two boundary lines are linear..
The code for generating above plot is:
figure(1)
plotpv(Input,Target);
hold on
plotpc(net.IW{1},net.b{1});
hold off
I also need to plot the output function of the output neuron, but I am stucking on this step. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks in advance.