0
votes

I have been using compel for my project lately & it ran fine as I just had to inject code during the runtime of the victim, basically at any convenient point of time post victim's execution. However, now I'm in a situation where I have to ptrace the victim, right from the beginning of its execution & at the same time do parasite injection during its runtime. Hence, I have no choice than to use PTRACE_TRACEME right before execve and use compel apis at runtime for injection. Since compel_stop_task uses PTRACE_SEIZE and PTRACE_INTERRUPT for stopping the application and for other things, it gives me a hard time to ptrace victim from beginning & do parasitic injection during runtime. I tried tweaking the code in infect.c of compel, but couldn't succeed as I am fully not aware of the compel code.

Is it possible to use compel in such cases?? Like having the victim being traced right from the beginning of its execution & use compel apis for code injection during runtime?? or am I missing some documentation that suggest how to use compel apis in such cases?? Kindly help me with is issue here.

https://criu.org/Main_Page

https://github.com/checkpoint-restore