Hey I want to add a background image to my UISplitViewController that spans the entire iPad screen and is visible underneath both my master and detail views.
I've tried this a number of different ways and have yet to be successful. If I place it in the splitView.view it just overlays on top of everything in both sub-view controllers. If I place it in the master view controller I can do things normally there (place a UITableView on top of it, etc), but it then covers everything in the detail view controller. Another route I tried was to place my background image in it's own view controller the put the entire split view controller inside that view controller, but no matter what I set the alpha of my split view controller the background is still black.
If someone could point me towards getting this working it would be awesome, thanks!