I'm trying to use a UINavigationController but I'm uncertain how. Up till now (for about a year), I've been using presentModalViewController and dismissModalViewController to present/dismiss view controllers.
So, this is what I did. My main view controller (the first one that shows on launch) is called MainViewController, and it extends UIViewController.
So I made this launch function in my app delegate:
- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions {
MainViewController *controller = [[MainViewController alloc] init];
UINavigationController *navigationController = [[UINavigationController alloc] initWithRootViewController:controller];
[self.window addSubview:navigationController.view];
[self.window makeKeyAndVisible];
return YES;
}
And in my MainViewController's viewDidLoad method:
- (void)viewDidLoad {
[super viewDidLoad];
self.title = @"Title";
self.navigationController.navigationBar.tintColor = [Constants barColor];
....more code...
}
But, in my MainViewController, I'd like to present another view controller called SecondViewController, which needs a UINavigationBar with a back arrow button. So do I make SecondViewController extend UIViewController and do the same thing by setting the title and backButton in the viewDidLoad method? And how do I present it? What should I do to accomplish this?