I am trying too simply copy the cells with data in col A of a worksheet to another worksheet at row 2. With the following script the source worksheet name is entered into row 1 of Ave RLD worksheet. If that is all I try to do it will loop through all the worksheets and place their names in the next col of Ave RLD. As soon as I try to copy the data from col A and paste it to Ave RLD I get a Run time error 1004. I left in all the commented lines of things I have been trying. What am I missing?
Dim WS_count As Long
Dim I As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim ColNum As Long
Dim wksName As String
Dim NumRows As Long
ColNum = 1
Sheets.Add Type:=xlWorksheet
ActiveSheet.Name = "Ave RLD"
For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If Left(Trim(ws.Name), 3) = "RLD" Then
wksName = ws.Name
NumRows = ws.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
MsgBox NumRows
With Worksheets("Ave RLD")
.Cells(1, ColNum).Value = wksName
ws.Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(NumRows, 1)).Copy
.Range(Cells(2, ColNum)).Paste.Values
'.Range(Cells(2, ColNum)).Value = .Range(("A1"), Range("A1").End(xlUp))
'.Range(Cells(2, ColNum)).Value = ws.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
'MsgBox ws.Cells(1, 26).Value
'.Cells(2, ColNum).Value = .Worksheets(wksName).Cells(1, 26)
'.Worksheets(wksName).Cells(1, 1).Copy
'Worksheets(wksName).Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).Copy
'.Cells(2, ColNum).Paste
ColNum = ColNum + 1
End With
End If
Next ws