1
votes

I was trying to create a stand-alone GUI in matlab for someone without matlab to use, and was wondering how I can go about doing it without buying the matlab compiler.

There was one post I found here:

Extra window problem when generating .exe file with MATLAB

how do you go about setting up this? and if this still requires a compiler, what are my options? Some open sourced compilers perhaps?

1
MATLAB Compiler (TM) is not a real compiler like the name says, it just encrypts m-files which are then interpreted by MATLAB Component Runtime (TM) on the host machine - Mikhail
Step 1: Obtain $5000. Step 2: Buy MATLAB Compiler. Step 3: Compile m-files. - Doresoom
Thanks @Doresoom, I figured that much out...but I do believe that it was $500 instead of 5000. - Henry Chiang
@Henry: I'm pretty certain it's $5000, unless Mathworks is suddenly running a huge discount. I priced and purchased the compiler for my company last year. - Doresoom

1 Answers

3
votes

If you want to compile MATLAB code, you need the MATLAB Compiler. Period.

You could try converting your MATLAB code to C or C++, then compiling that with a C or C++ compiler. However, the conversion would require MATLAB Coder, another product you would need to purchase.

Your only real option if you are unwilling or unable to purchase the MATLAB Compiler is to request a free product trial. The only limitation I know of is that it's not available to students, but there may be others.