I have an Excel document that I need to have a totals sheet which takes in a specific cell over multiple sheets. It also needs to be expandable so I can just add the sheet name to a row or something and it will add it into the formula and the total.
Just a row like this or something similar which could be used to add more sheets in future.
To give you an example currently, I am using a simple SUM function but it's not easily expandable:
=SUM('Sheet1'!A6,'Sheet2'!A6,'Sheet3'!A6)
I have had a look at INDIRECT but I can't find a way of having it expand to the length of an array eg. something like this:
=SUM(INDIRECT(H3:H8,"!A6"))
Would return all the values of A6 across each sheet named in H3:H8 evaluating like:
=SUM(INDIRECT(H3,"!A6"),INDIRECT(H4,"!A6"),INDIRECT(H5,"!A6")...)
If anyone has any ideas of what I can use to achieve this, it would be very helpful!