Here are some details about our development environment:
-DevExpress 20.2.3 ( we are using DevExtreme )
-Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 (Version 16.4.6)
-ASP.NET Core 3.1.0
-AspNetCore.Mvc 3.1.0.0
I'm developing on my Development VDI which is on my company's office network.
As I develop and debug the application code in question within Visual Studio 2019, I configured the Debug mode to debug said application in Microsoft Edge:

Within the ..........\launchSettings.json
{ "iisSettings": { "windowsAuthentication": true, "anonymousAuthentication": false, "iisExpress": { "applicationUrl": "http://localhost:18491", "sslPort": 44342 } }, "profiles": { "IIS Express": { "commandName": "IISExpress", "launchBrowser": true, "environmentVariables": { "ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT": "Development" }, "nativeDebugging": true }, "InvestorCentral.Uploaders": { "commandName": "Project", "launchBrowser": true, "environmentVariables": { "ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT": "Development" }, "applicationUrl": "https://localhost:5001;http://localhost:5000" } } }
In the ASP.NET Core application, my .....\Startup.cs has the following code snippet:
public class Startup
{
.....................
...............................
public void Configure(IApplicationBuilder app, IWebHostEnvironment env, IHttpContextAccessor accessor)
{
.........................
..................................
app.UseEndpoints(endpoints =>
{
.........................
..................................
endpoints.MapControllerRoute(
name: "default",
pattern: "{controller=Home}/{action=Index}/{id?}");
});
.........................
..................................
However, for some really strange reason, when I debug for Microsoft Edge, the url goes to:
file:///C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/VisualStudio/EdgeAdapter/09227041/landingPage.html
As you can see, we would expect the startup url/landing url to be https://localhost:44342/Home/Index , therefore, I have No idea why Microsoft Edge navigates to the the startup url/landing url to be:
file:///C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/VisualStudio/EdgeAdapter/09227041/landingPage.html
Furthermore, it's even stranger that I get login credential fill-in popup box for some internal Server within our office?
And moreover, this Only happens when Visual Studio debug is configured to use Microsoft Edge, and Not in Chrome.
Could someone please explain to me how I can go about Stop the login credential fill-in popup box from showing up when debugging using Microsoft Edge?


