1
votes

I have data as such:

Avg. Cost   Current Price
$0.44   $0.45
$2.67   $2.35
$0.37   $0.35
$0.39   $0.40
$4.20   $4.30
$0.57   $0.64

I'm trying to highlight cells in the 'Current Price' column if the value is higher than the corresponding value from the 'Avg. Cost' column. In the above example, $0.45, $0.40, $4.30, and $0.64 in the 'Current Price' column will be highlighted.

I'm trying to perform this on Google sheets.

Thank you

1
Although I'm not sure whether I could correctly understand about your goal, I challenged to think of a sample conditional format rule as an answer. Could you please confirm it? If that was not the direction you expect, I apologize. - Tanaike

1 Answers

1
votes
  • You want to give the highlight using the conditional formatting of Google Spreadsheet.
  • In your situation, when the value of the column "B" is more than the value of the column "A", you want to give the highlight for the column "B".

Sample conditional format rule:

In this case, how about using =B2 > A2 as the custom function as follows?

enter image description here

  • In this case, I think that the range can also use B2:B.