2
votes

Is there a function Module to call a logical Database via function module or classes?

In my case I would need PNPCE, so it is the HCM Module.

1
Personally I avoid dealing with LDBs whenever possible. They were declared obsolete decades ago, and for good reason. Most of the time it's pretty simple to build a view to replace them with. Especially now with the more powerful CDS views. Could you elaborate on why exactly you need this? Perhaps there is a better way to achieve that goal. - Philipp
I do too. But sometimes I've got requirements from customers to use them and I can't get around this. Once I've been in a company and I developed a custom report and didn't use the LDB ( even though it was a requirement ). Authorization-Checks and data selection was all fine, but they wanted that I use the LDB because their developers only work with them. So I needed to change my report. Since then it happend quite a lot. This is why I am working with it, at least when needed... - Sasku

1 Answers

6
votes

You can use the function module LDB_PROCESS.

Here the SAP documentation.

But remember, LDB are obsolete.