0
votes

I need to attach a file to a mail using MailApp.sendEmail Problem I'm running into is that I cannot attach anything from a shared drive, only from personal drive. I'd like to use a shared drive to select which file to attach.

Anyone know if that's even possible?

Update: This is the code that is used to open the picker, currently only working for the personal drive from the user running the script:

function createPicker(token) {
  if (pickerApiLoaded && token) {
    var picker = new google.picker.PickerBuilder()
        // Instruct Picker to display all PDFs in Drive. For other
        // views, see https://developers.google.com/picker/docs/#otherviews
        .addView(google.picker.ViewId.PDFS)
        // Hide the navigation panel so that Picker fills more of the dialog.
        .enableFeature(google.picker.Feature.NAV_HIDDEN)
        // Hide the title bar since an Apps Script dialog already has a title.
        .hideTitleBar()
        .setOAuthToken(token)
        .setCallback(pickerCallback)
        .setOrigin(google.script.host.origin)
        // Instruct Picker to fill the dialog, minus 2 pixels for the border.
        .setSize(DIALOG_DIMENSIONS.width - 2,
            DIALOG_DIMENSIONS.height - 2)
        .build();
    picker.setVisible(true);
  } else {
    showError('Unable to load the file picker.');
  }
}

I'd like to edit this so I can access a shared drive. I've found some stuff that uses GDrive API to access shared drives (also using picker) but I'm missing the experience to successfully edit it.

This is what I meant: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/enable-shareddrives

1
Welcome to SO, It would be helpful if you could show the code you tried so far - DownloadPizza
This is possible by using the Drive Advanced Service. - Rubén
Does this answer your question? Accessing Files and Folders in Team Drive - Rubén
Hi, sorry for being unclear. I've updated my OP. - Felix Anselm

1 Answers

0
votes

Nevermind, should have searched some more. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks for your answers tho!

Solution I used that worked out for me:

google apps script, google picker for team drive