I am very new to this, so please bear with me-- I have currently have an operational google apps script on the backend of a google sheet that is generated from Google Form answers. I am essentially setting up a ticket form in google forms that will trigger the data in the corresponding sheet to be sent via api call to our ticketing system. It works great, but I am trying to optimize it currently. The goal is to take the json response I get using:
Logger.log(response.getContentText());
which provides me the following info:
Aug 9, 2020, 11:44:40 AM Info {"_url":"https://testticketingsystem.com/REST/2.0/ticket/123456","type":"ticket","id":"123456"}
and send another API call to send data to that new ticket.
Here's a code snippet:
var payload = {
"Subject": String(su),
"Content": String(as),
"Requestor": String(em),
"Queue": String(qu),
"CustomFields": {"CustomField1": String(vn), "CustomField2": String(vb), "CustomField3":
String(vg), "CustomField4": String(av), "CustomField5": String(ov), "CustomField6":
String(sd)}
}
var options = {
'method': 'post',
"contentType" : "application/json",
'payload': JSON.stringify(payload),
'muteHttpExceptions': true
}
var url = "https://testticketingsystem.com/REST/2.0/ticket?token=****************";
var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url,options);
Logger.log(response.getContentText());
} catch (error) {
Logger.log(error.toString());
}
}
After the ticket is created, how do I script the use of that ID number as a variable into my next api call?
Thank you!
Logger.log(typeof response.getContentText())to make sure that the response is a json file? Also tryresponse.getContentText().id. The latter might give you want you want. - soMario