I have saved pdf files in azure blob storage blob, I want to show these files on my website but when a file render on html its link should be deactivated means no one can use that link to download the file again. Is this possible in azure blob storage?
2
votes
2 Answers
7
votes
You can use the blob policy to make it:
CloudStorageAccount account = CloudStorageAccount.Parse("yourStringConnection");
CloudBlobClient serviceClient = account.CreateCloudBlobClient();
var container = serviceClient.GetContainerReference("yourContainerName");
container
.CreateIfNotExistsAsync()
.Wait();
CloudBlockBlob blob = container.GetBlockBlobReference("test/helloworld.txt");
blob.UploadTextAsync("Hello, World!").Wait();
SharedAccessBlobPolicy policy = new SharedAccessBlobPolicy();
// define the expiration time
policy.SharedAccessExpiryTime = DateTime.UtcNow.AddMinutes(1);
// define the permission
policy.Permissions = SharedAccessBlobPermissions.Read;
// create signature
string signature = blob.GetSharedAccessSignature(policy);
// get full temporary uri
Console.WriteLine(blob.Uri + signature);
0
votes
If I understand correctly, you're looking for single use links to Azure Blobs. Natively this feature is not available in Azure Storage. You would need to write code to implement something like this where you would keep track of the number of times a link has been used and in case the limit exceeds, you will not process that link.