3
votes

For my new project I have to decrypt some files that have been previously encrypted by somebody else.

The information I have so far, is : "The encryption is based on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Algorithm aes-128-ecb", the decryption key, 32 characters long (43783C6 ...), and about 10 encrypted files to test.

Is that enough to be able to decrypt the files ?

Because I've tried several decryption softwares and code samples, and none of them have been able to decrypt the files ...

Am I missing something ??

Thx :)

1
Your decryption key is probably 128 bits long (32 hex digits). Treating it as 32 ASCII characters will give you an incorrect key. Think of it as 0x43783C6... - rossum

1 Answers

2
votes

regardless of the desired implementation language, you are missing the information about the padding-scheme that was applied to the plaintext, or the information that no padding was used

additionally ecb mode should be avoided for security reasons (see wikipedia)