1
votes

When I use a Combo Chart with serie type:Line the values on the x-axis get duplicated. For example the data range used for the display:

    
    X       Y
    31      0
    31      0,1
    32,6    0,1
    32,6    0
    32,6    0,35
    34,2    0,35
    34,2    0
    34,2    0,1
    35,8    0,1
    35,8    0
    35,8    0,3
    37,4    0,3
    37,4    0
    37,4    0,1
    39      0,1
    39      0
    40,6    0
    42,2    0
    43,8    0
    45,4    0
    45,4    0,05
    47      0,05
    47      0
     

In above the Combo Chart with serie type:

Line drawn:

enter image description here
All values for X on x-axis are duplicate. The scatter chart draws 2 points for each X values. I want to show single x-axis value with different y-axis values.

I want the combo chart output should be like : enter image description here

In this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hgptynoUuuPDg5SvTH3l68mt7eWvX5DOdvkvK_rde4Q/edit#gid=907746395, you can launch the script "unitDisplaySerie" in script editor to reproduce the problem.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

1
How do you create this graph with sheets? Also the first one doesn't have duplicates, it's just displaying all values (you have 2 x values of 31, for example) - Rafa Guillermo
I'm displayed this combo chart using Google app script. Why the value on X-axis are not merged (like in second chart) ? @RafaGuillermo - Sami.S
What is the second graph how did you draw it? - Rafa Guillermo
I draw the second graph by changing manually the type of chart in Google spreadsheet chart editor by modifiy Combo Chart with serie type to Line chart. @RafaGuillermo - Sami.S
Can you share your sheet? - Rafa Guillermo

1 Answers

1
votes

This appears to be a bug!

After doing some testing with both the Sheets method of creating charts and the Visualization API it seems that this is inconsistent and probably unintended. I have taken the liberty of reporting this on Google's Issue Tracker for you, detailing the behaviour:

You can hit the ☆ next to the issue number in the top left on the page which lets Google know more people are encountering this and so it is more likely to be seen to faster.

I hope this is helpful to you!