1
votes

I added a Doc that has a bunch of custom onOpen() scripts to the template library, when I select the document template and create a new document the scripts no longer work. It seems to be some kind of permissions issue because when I go to edit the script within the new document I'm asked to Allow permission, I select allow, and then the script starts working. I need the permission to be granted by default!

1
I have reviewed it, thank you! - W.Lyman

1 Answers

2
votes

I need the permission to be granted by default!

This is unfortunately not possible :( Please refer Container-bound Scripts > Access to bound scripts.

As it indicates -

  • Only users who have permission to edit a container can run its bound script. Collaborators who have only view access cannot open the script editor, although if they make a copy of the parent file, they become the owner of the copy and will be able to see and run a copy of the script.

As a solution perhaps, "...you can force the authorization dialog..." as indicated at Manual authorization scopes for Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms.

Hope this helps!