I would like to install the R Package JuliaCall, to use Julia from R. I have installed Julia via snap and installed the JuliaCall R package form the Cran. I received the following error when trying to use the setup function of JuliaCall.
library(JuliaCall)
julia <- julia_setup()
Julia version 1.0.4 at location /snap/julia/13/bin will be used. Error in dyn.load(.julia$dll_file) : unable to load shared object '/snap/julia/13/bin/../lib/libjulia.so.1': /snap/julia/13/bin/../lib/libjulia.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Show Traceback
Rerun with Debug Error in juliacall_initialize(.julia$dll_file) : /snap/julia/13/bin/../lib/libjulia.so.1 - /snap/julia/13/bin/../lib/libjulia.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Julia is installed:
XRJulia::findJulia()
[1] "/snap/bin/julia"
I have tried some suggestions found in https://github.com/Non-Contradiction/JuliaCall/issues/72 and even report my problems, but I'm not sure if this is an issue to open on Github or a problem with my installation. The same error occurs
My system specifications are:
- Ubuntu 18.04,
- Rstudio 1.1.456,
- R 3.5.1,
- Julia installed via snap
Thanks for any help you could provide