I am using react-apollo and have been for quite some time. One thing that has already been a problem for me is the fact that refetch doesn't work when using a mutation This has been a know issue for as long as I have been using the app.
I have got round this by using the refetch prop that is available on a query.
<Query query={query} fetchPolicy={fetchPolicy} {...props}>
{({ loading, data, error, refetch }) => {
... pass down to mutation
</Query>
However I am now reading in the documentation that you recieve an update method as part of a mutation and you should use this to update your application after a mutation.
Can you use the update function to update your UI's data and have it update after finishing a mutation? If you can, is this the standard way to do updates now?
*Using refetchQueries not working
As you can see in the image the console.info() displays that the data.status = "CREATED"; but the request coming back from the mutation directly is data.status = "PICKED"; PICKED is the correct and uptodate information in the DB.
