I have a web application written in XUL and I've been trying to use FireFoxDriver to interact with the browser. I can locate an element, but when I use the sendKeys or click it doesn't trigger any event. here are my code
<rows>
<row>
<spacer height="10"/>
</row>
<row>
<label class="LoginLabels" control="login" value="&LOGIN_LABEL;"/>
<textbox id="login" onkeypress="doKey(event)" onclick="return false;"
ondblclick="return false;" persist="value" context="nocontext"/>
</row>
<row>
<spacer height="5"/>
</row>
<row>
<label class="LoginLabels" control="pass" value="&LOGIN_PASSWORD_LABEL;"/>
<textbox id="password" type="password" onkeypress="doKey(event)" onclick="return false;"
ondblclick="return false;" context="nocontext"/>
</row>
<row>
<spacer height="5"/>
</row>
</rows>
and I am using Selenium's FireFoxDriver like this
driver = new FirefoxDriver(mFirefoxProfile);
driver.get("/login.xul");
driver.findElement(By.id("login")).sendKeys('username');
driver.findElement(By.id("go")).click();
and here is the error, I get
org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: Element is not currently visible and so may not be interacted with
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_23' Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler$UnknownServerException: Element is not currently visible and so may not be interacted with System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_23' Driver info: driver.version: unknown at .WebDriverError(file:///C:/Users/POOYAN~1/AppData/Local/Temp/anonymous4952327108425051793webdriver-profile/extensions/[email protected]/resource/modules/atoms.js:8435) at .(file:///C:/Users/POOYAN~1/AppData/Local/Temp/anonymous4952327108425051793webdriver-profile/extensions/[email protected]/resource/modules/atoms.js:9366)