So for some weird reason i've run into a bug today. I'm trying to export a FLA in CS5 to SWC but click the "export to SWC" setting in the publish settings. my problem is for whatever reason it's not exporting the swc file. I've never had this issue before, is there a fix to this issue?
5
votes
try to be more specific, and tell what output you get from flash, is it shows any error messages, is it at least compile the code into swf
- Igor Milla
It's only outputting the SWF and there are no compiler errors when it's publishing that. It's simply not exporting the swc even with the option checked.
- Kast
4 Answers
13
votes
This usually happens if there is no ActionScript to export. Even if there is some vector art or some symbols, there needs to be some ActionScript elements. Flash will never output an empty SWC; instead, it just outputs nothing.
Make sure you have "Export for ActionScript" and "Export on 1st frame" checked for at least one symbol in the library, or have some code on your timeline.
1
votes
0
votes
I also had this problem out of the blue, and discovered the issue was a conflict with another swc in the same directory. If I deleted the other swc or moved the problem fla elsewhere, it would create the swc as expected.
I never tracked down the exact source of the conflict and couldn't find any error messages coming from CS5.