I am having a problem with transaction in Grails. I want to save a list of object to DB by a checking condition at each object. All these process I want to put to one transaction, it means if the k-th object does not satisfied the checking condition, all previous objects (from the first object to the (k-1)th one) will be rolled back from DB. Here is my example:
static transactional = true
public void saveManyPeople() {
// ...
List<People> peoples = new ArraysList();
for(i = 0, i < n, i++) {
People newPeople = createPeopleFromRawData(); // return a people object in memory
if(<checking-condition>) {
newPeople.save(flush : false)
} else {
throw new MyCustomizedException() // MyCustomizedException has extended from RuntimException
}
}
// ...
}
As you may see, I set transactional variable to true and I've tried to use flush : true and flush : false, but it didn't work as I want. I've read this article Rolling back a transaction in a Grails Service And the author recommended that the service method should throw a RuntimeException then the process will be rollbacked. But if I want to throw another exception, so what I have to do? Could you please give me some suggestions on this problem? Thank you so much!